Miami Drug Trafficking Lawyer
Illegal Narcotics Trade
Drug trafficking is defined as the cultivation, manufacture, distribution, and sale of illegal drugs. It is considered the most serious of all drug offenses, and is often charged as a federal crime.
he penalties for drug trafficking vary substantially, depending on factors such as:
- The type of drug or drugs involved
- The amount of the drug involved
- Whether it is the defendant's first offense
- Whether a minor was involved in the crime
- The status of the defendant as an adult or minor
- Whether the drugs were distributed or sold to minors or near a school
- The defendant's prior criminal record
- Whether state or international borders were crossed in the commission of the crime
- Whether a person or persons were seriously injured or killed during the commission of the crime
- Whether trafficking paraphernalia is found, such as large amounts of currency, multiple mobile phones or beepers, weapons, scales, and other measuring apparatus
A person convicted of trafficking may be punished with large monetary fines, property and real estate forfeiture, prison time, and even deportation if not a U.S. citizen. An attorney can provide you with comprehensive legal defense if you have been charged with drug trafficking by a federal court.
Defense Against Trafficking Charges
Drug charges, especially those for trafficking, are prosecuted very aggressively by federal courts. At Hager & Schwartz, P.A., our Miami federal criminal defense attorneys understand the seriousness of trafficking charges, and we address them by providing aggressive and well-prepared legal defense on behalf of the client. If you require help in your trafficking case, we will employ this same approach in seeking a successful resolution that involves a reduction in your charges and sentencing, or a complete exoneration.