DUI Arrests in Miami, FL
Challenging a DUI Arrest in Florida
There are specific steps that may lead to a DUI arrest in Miami. Depending on the circumstances of the case, it is also possible that a defendant may have been subject to an unlawful arrest, and this may be used by your attorney to positively impact the outcome of your case. If you would like to learn more about this important topic, we welcome you to contact our law firm to see how we can help with your particular case.
Following is the basic process that may lead to an arrest for drunk driving:
- A law enforcement officer may observe someone who is driving erratically or may receive a report of a dangerous driver who may be intoxicated
- The police officer will pull the driver over to the side of the road, where he will ask for license and registration information. The officer may also ask the driver where he or she has been, whether he or she had anything to drink, etc.
- Depending on the driver's statements and the officer's observations of the driver, the officer may ask the driver to step out of the vehicle and perform field sobriety tests
- Depending on how the driver does on field sobriety tests, the officer may determine that there is probable cause to arrest the driver on suspicion of driving under the influence (DUI)
- Once the driver is taken into custody, he or she will be taken to the police station, where the officer will request that he or she take a breath test or blood test to determine his or her blood alcohol concentration (BAC)
Help After Your Drunk Driving Arrest in Florida
If law enforcement violated procedure or infringed upon your rights in making an arrest for DUI, this may be grounds for your Miami drunk driving defense lawyer to challenge the lawfulness of your arrest. In any event, it will be important to carefully review the circumstances that led to your arrest as well as the arrest itself in building a defense against our charges.
A Defense Firm With a Winning Recordread a Few of Our Case Results
No Jail/Prison Time
Our Client Success Stories
Brett Schwartz is one of the best attorneys
“Brett Schwartz is one of the best attorneys available in Florida. I was charged with a DUI with Serious Bodily Injury and Leaving the Scene. I was facing a possible 10 year sentence with a Judge that rejected our plea on several occasions and seemed to have a soft spot for cases like this. And then when everything seemed hopeless and I spent my ...”
I thoroughly recommend Brett Schwartz as a defense attorney.
“I thoroughly recommend Brett Schwartz as a defense attorney. He worked tirelessly and relentlessly to get my case dropped even before it went to trial. He succeeded, although the odds were heavily stacked against us. Thanks to our overcrowded justice system, the entire ordeal took two months, and was the most stressful experience of my ...”
Thanks Brett...sound strategy and a willingness to go the extra mile made all the difference!
“Brett aggressively handled my felony cases and the outcome directly reflected his tenacity.”
- Bradley B
If you need help go see Brett!
“We worked with Brett on a domestic violence charge. He was the third lawyer we went to and we FINALLY got the result we desired. His knowledge of the law, the system and straightforwardness are beyond impressive. He "tells it like it is", but he knows how to get the job done. In our case, we were stuck in traffic and he had won before we even got ...”
So grateful to have found Brett Schwartz!
“I knew in the few minutes in speaking with Brett that he was the right attorney for my Domestic Violence case. He put me at ease immediately and got the ball rolling to rectify the issue.”